Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
Organised by The Queens Head, Boreham
Congratulations to The Hop Beer Shop, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award 2016 (see details), and The Railway Tavern, runner-up. Highly commended was The Orange Tree.
Please bear in mind the new criteria that should be used when judging County and Regional POTYs. These criteria can be found under Pub of the Year Judging, where you can also download the judging form.
Here are the Essex branch Pubs of the Year
|Maldon and Dengie||Compasses||Great Totham|
|Colchester& N.E.Essex||Victoria Inn||Colchester|
|S.E.Essex||Mayflower||Leigh on Sea|
|N.W.Essex||Fox & Hounds||Steeple Bumpstead|
|Chelmsford/Mid-Essex||The Hop Beer Shop||Chelmsford|
Congratulations to The Three Elms, Essex Cider Pub of the Year 2016, and to The Compasses, Littley Green, runner-up in our Branch Cider Pub of the Year competition.
Winner of Most Improved Pub 2015 Award - Willows Inn, Cressing.
We are looking for a new editor for our local Branch Magazine, Thirsty Times. Have a look at the Role description and if you think you could take this on, email our chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
If you love your local pub and want to protect it from demolition or change of use,
make sure to list it with your local Council as an Asset of Community Value (ACV). Here's how.
Next Branch Social Event:
- Meet The Brewer
Railway Tavern, Chelmsford
Wednesday 4th May 2016
- Meet The Brewer Railway Tavern, Chelmsford Wednesday 4th May 2016
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Friday 29th January, 18:16 : RT @ChelmsfordBEER: We're all looking forward to trying this next month at the winter festival. @CAMRA_Official #realale #bespoke twitter.com/BeerInEssex/st…
- Sunday 23rd August 2015, 08:27 : #TheViper pub @millgreen near @ingatestone CM40PT has a splendid beer festival next weekend. 60 real ales and traditional ciders
- Sunday 23rd August 2015, 08:19 : #TheOrangeTree @Chelsmford our POTY is thankfully back open for business. Now with 9 handpumps its looking good.
- Sunday 23rd August 2015, 08:17 : #hopstock beer festival at the Compasses Littley Green CM3 1BU. Last day today, Great festiival at probably the best rural pub in region.
- Wednesday 22nd July 2015, 21:31 : Let us know your favourite #beer of the festival.