Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
We are urgently seeking a member to take on the role of Health and Safety Manager for our Summer Beer Festival.
See details here .
Congratulations again to The Hop Beer Shop, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award 2017,
and The Railway Tavern, runner-up.
Highly commended was The Compasses, Littley Green.
See the full list of East Anglian Branch POTY winners here.
Congratulations to The Compasses, Littley Green, winner in our Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2017 competition, and to The Three Elms, runner-up.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
If you love your local pub and want to protect it from demolition or change of use,
please contact one of our pub campaigns officers at firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out how to list it with your local Council as an Asset of Community Value (ACV).
Next Branch Social Event:
- Chappel Winter Beer Festival
East Anglian Railway Museum
Friday 2 – Saturday 3 March 2018
- Chappel Winter Beer Festival East Anglian Railway Museum Friday 2 – Saturday 3 March 2018
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Saturday, 10:53 : Superp news for Local Brewery #BishopNick from @braintree today. Two Gold awards from the Champion Beer of East Ang… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday 15th February, 19:45 : The Railway Tavern in Chelmsford wins our Pub of the year. Congratulations to Jo and everyone at this excellent pu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday 13th February, 18:51 : Hi just to Confirm that food is available at our preview evening tonight. #Hopleaf #beer and cider festival#Chelmsf… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday 11th February, 15:12 : Beers are racked and cooling system inplace and No more leaks. All ready for Tuesday#Chelmsfordwinterbeerfestival#C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday 10th February, 19:09 : Getting ready for the Winter beer and cider festival. One of the three bars we will have. #beerfestival#ciderfestiv… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…