Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
Congratulations again to The Hop Beer Shop, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award 2017,
and The Railway Tavern, runner-up. Highly commended was The Compasses, Littley Green.
See the full list of East Anglian Branch POTY winners here.
Congratulations to The Compasses, Littley Green, winner in our Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2017 competition, and to The Three Elms, runner-up.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
If you love your local pub and want to protect it from demolition or change of use,
please contact one of our pub campaigns officers at firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out how to list it with your local Council as an Asset of Community Value (ACV).
Next Branch Social Event:
- Real Ale Runabout to Micropubs
Blackfen, Crayford, Eltham and Welling
Thursday 29th June 2017 7:00 pm
- Real Ale Runabout to Micropubs Blackfen, Crayford, Eltham and Welling Thursday 29th June 2017 7:00 pm
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Saturday 21st May 2016, 09:32 : Out and about this weekend visitng pubs, score the beer. and help the #gbg #whatpub @CAMRA_Official #camramember pic.twitter.com/2kydopTtlH
- Friday 29th January 2016, 18:16 : RT @ChelmsfordBEER: We're all looking forward to trying this next month at the winter festival. @CAMRA_Official #realale #bespoke twitter.com/BeerInEssex/st…
- Sunday 23rd August 2015, 08:27 : #TheViper pub @millgreen near @ingatestone CM40PT has a splendid beer festival next weekend. 60 real ales and traditional ciders
- Sunday 23rd August 2015, 08:19 : #TheOrangeTree @Chelsmford our POTY is thankfully back open for business. Now with 9 handpumps its looking good.
- Sunday 23rd August 2015, 08:17 : #hopstock beer festival at the Compasses Littley Green CM3 1BU. Last day today, Great festiival at probably the best rural pub in region.