Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
We are urgently seeking a member to take on the role of Health and Safety Manager for our Summer Beer Festival.
See details here .
Congratulations to The Railway Tavern, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year Award 2018,
and The Compasses, Littley Green, runner-up.
Highly commended was The Hop Beer Shop.
Congratulations also to The Hop Beer Shop, winner of our Branch Cider Pub of the Year 2018 Award, The Compasses, Littley Green, runner-up and The Three Elms, highly commended.
We voted The Eagle, Galleywood, our Most Improved Pub 2018.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
If you love your local pub and want to protect it from demolition or change of use,
please contact one of our pub campaigns officers at email@example.com
to find out how to list it with your local Council as an Asset of Community Value (ACV).
Next Branch Social Event:
- Meet The Brewer
Green Man, Howe Street
Thursday 26 April 2018 19:00
- Meet The Brewer Green Man, Howe Street Thursday 26 April 2018 19:00
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Saturday 24th February, 10:53 : Superp news for Local Brewery #BishopNick from @braintree today. Two Gold awards from the Champion Beer of East Ang… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Thursday 15th February, 19:45 : The Railway Tavern in Chelmsford wins our Pub of the year. Congratulations to Jo and everyone at this excellent pu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday 13th February, 18:51 : Hi just to Confirm that food is available at our preview evening tonight. #Hopleaf #beer and cider festival#Chelmsf… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday 11th February, 15:12 : Beers are racked and cooling system inplace and No more leaks. All ready for Tuesday#Chelmsfordwinterbeerfestival#C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday 10th February, 19:09 : Getting ready for the Winter beer and cider festival. One of the three bars we will have. #beerfestival#ciderfestiv… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…