Three CompassesChurch Road
A delightful small country pub dating from 1425 (the landlords from 1758 are listed inside). A timber-framed and plastered Grade II-listed building with many low beams, two bars and bench seats in front of the windows. Ideally situated for country walkers and cyclists with outside seating. A free house with a very experienced landlady (who has been there since 1971; her son is now joint licensee). Home-cooked food available every lunchtime and some evenings.