Walnut TreeBroads Green
Handsome Victorian brick-built pub overlooking the village green. The front door opens directly into what was once the bottle and jug but with the passing of time it now serves as a small snug. To the left is the wood-panelled public bar, little changed since it was built in 1888. To the right is the slightly more modern saloon bar originally converted from the landlord's front parlour and further extended in the 1980s. The half-cellar is accessed from behind the bar with Cask Marque quality beers being served on gravity. Outside, seating in front of the pub is complemented by a children's play area and a large family garden to the side and rear. There is no food offering, the landlord preferring to concentrate on his beers and in maintaining a more traditional atmosphere. Primarily a conversation pub, traditional pub games and an antique piano offer alternative entertainment. An outside Gents, which is still in use, adds to the pubs authenticity.